Monday, June 7, 2010

It is interesting how some days you just hear all the right things. Yesterday at church was just that!

The message was about being radicalis - my first assumption was that we were going to go crazy at church! But then I realized as Pastor Rex spoke that what it really means is "relating to a root". The first funny thing was that he talked about was vegatables and used the example of a radish and how it got it's name from this word - just so you know - one of my dad's favorite sandwiches is a radish and butter sandwich. He was a poor kid growing up and these were the types of things he ate and still coninutes to.

So, the whole radish thing got my attention. :)

Then what Pastor Rex went on to talk about is how we need to become rooted in christ and believe and from that we can bear fruit... “Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, whose hope is the Lord. He is like a tree planted beside waters, that stretches out its roots to the stream. It fears not the heat when it comes, its leaves stay green. In the year of drought it shows no distress, but still bears fruit” (Jeremiah 17:7-9).

This became so enlighting to me. I cannot change what is happening to my dad. What I can do, is stay rooted in my belief and trust in god.

And as a family, we need to stay rooted together, all growing from the same tree. Nourish each other with wisdom, love and support.

I am so thankful for our church and the people there! Peace and God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment