Thursday, June 10, 2010

Explaining illness to kids is very hard. My kids (15 and 10 yr old) are both very aware of their papa being sick. I can't hide it from them. It is so evident based on just how he looks, all the doctor appts he goes to and how tired he is all the time.

But how do you really explain this to them. AMY is such a weird thing to put into words. Cancer is a scary word. I know many doctors don't call it that anyway. Although, our doctor says you do just based on how it is treated. I just keep praying that god will give me the right words when I need them. :)

I think about a book like - "What to expect when you are expecting". Everyone reads it when they are having a baby and figure out exactly what they should do. I want a book called - "What to expect when your family member has Amyliodosis". If someone finds it let me know!!!

Peace!

1 comment: