Friday, June 11, 2010

It is a beautiful friday afternoon. The kids are done with school for the summer and enjoying the pool and hanging out with friends/family. I am counting the minutes till I can leave work (I love the off at 3 pm friday). And my hubby has the day and night off, so we can enjoy some much needed alone time together. How wonderful it is to have a day like this.

Life keeps moving and you can either decide to hop aboard or it will leave you behind. As much as the ride can have its curves, bumps and scary moments. It is also filled with pleasure, smooth times and surprises. What a ride I am on right now.

We have a good friend of the family that is dying. Her name is Sue. She and her husband, Doug are wonderful people. She has chosen to live each day to fullest until she can't any more. We had the pleasure of spending time with them a couple weeks ago. It gave us a chance to just talk. We didn't dwell on the fact that we are not sure how long she has (at best - maybe till the end of the year?). Instead we talked about good times and everything that is going on in our lives. It was a great visit.

Robby really struggled when we said good bye. He realizes he never knows when it might be our last good bye to her. He hugged her for so long and cried. Many of us cried watching them. My son has been so postively impacted by Doug and Sue, that it is hard to not feel like that.

My mother-in-law had a chance to see Sue a couple days ago and Sue said something to her that I will hold close to my heart. We were concerned that maybe Sue felt bad about Robby getting so emotional about it. But Sue just said to her it was OK and that it met alot to her. In fact the words she used were that "she would take that to her grave". Wow! I just love that lady! God will truly have another angel when she comes to his gates.

Pray and have faith! Peace - Jamie

“For nothing will be impossible with God.”Luke 1:37

No comments:

Post a Comment